BL REVIEW: 시맨틱 에러 (Semantic Error)

Here is my first BL review on my blog account. I was going to post something else but I really need to get my opinions on Semantic Error off my chest.

This BL is definitely overrated. I don't really like this BL, and I genuinely don't understand the big hype around it. My first and biggest problem with the BL is Chu Sangwoo. I hate this character so much. He is so damn rude and selfish and has zero social skills. I don't really care if he's a quiet person or that he's anti-social. That's not the point. It doesn't change the fact that he doesn't know how to treat people with respect. When Jang Jaeyoung said to Sangwoo, "I'm not a robot with no feelings like you", I was like yessss speak your shit Jaeyoung! Put this bitch in his place!!! Sangwoo is extremely unlikable and I don't understand how Jaeyoung could even possibly fall for him. I guess he's got no taste. Also Sangwoo is such a teacher's pet, like why did he exposee a list of people so that they don't graduate?? I didn't see any character development at all either. He stayed a bitch the entire time and got on my nerves every damn time I'd see him.

 

 
btw this scene fucking pissed me off
 

My second thing I don't like about this BL is the lack of plot. There's nothing that makes my heart pump or jump out of my chair. I mean there isn't anything wrong with "a lack of plot" since BLs such as Light on Me were able to make an interesting BL even with the lack of plot. Light on Me is similar to Semantic Error in terms of some characters. Sangwoo reminds me of Shinwoo, since they are both incredibly quiet and were the mysterious characters. The difference is that Shinwoo had humanity in him while Sangwoo is this cold-hearted person. As for the chemistry, there was none. They both look like straight guys being gay for pay. Acting wasn't too extraordinary either, what more can I say. Sangwoo had a poker face the entire series, like go girl give us nothing (that's his character and I understand that, it's a joke). If the goal was to make Sangwoo an unlikable character, then Jaechan did a really great job, the acting was fantastic if that was the intent and I applaud him for that. But from the reactions and reviews from other people, it seems that I am the only person who really fucking hates him so idk. It really sucks because Jaeyoung is such a funny character and Seomhan did a great job, but Sangwoo's nasty ass personality had to ruin it. Jaeyoung is the only character in this BL that made me keep watching because istg my finger was resting on the right arrow key because it started to get incredibly boring around episode 6.

 
light on me outsold 😘

Anywayzzz, let's hope there isn't a season 2 of shitty error cause we don't want another pandemic! Maybe if Jaeyoung and Sangwoo break up and Jaeyoung finds a way better man, I'll be happy. And also every single person that has watched this BL said it's saur good and I've only seen praise regarding this BL ... I'm not afraid to speak my opinions!! idgaf. Sorry for not praising anything about this BL except for Jaeyoung, lol I have a PhD in talking trash about things I don't like!

Wait, also I forgot to add one thing I actually did like! It was the part when Sangwoo and Yuna were talking about their love life. They discussed it without "coming out" or making sexuality a big deal cause we found out they are both gay and we love to see that.

Overall - 4.25
Story - 5.0
Acting / Cast - 6.0
Music - 5
Re-watch Value - 1 (only for Jaeyoung)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALBUM REVIEW: MY STORY by Ayumi Hamasaki